Search Engine Optimization and is the process used to optimize a website’s technical configuration, content relevance and link popularity so its pages can become easily findable, more relevant and popular towards user search queries, and as a consequence, search engines rank them better.
If you have a website then you have almost certainly had an email from a company offering to improve your website SEO or atleast telling you what’s wrong with existing website.
There are some advanced techniques that may or may not give your website an advantage over other websites in getting to the top of search engine results, however Google openly tells us that what they want to see is…
Content, code and credibility
- Well written copy that reflects what your business does. As a guide you should aim for atleast 350 words per page.
- Well designed navigation with links in content where relevent.
- Correct use of titles and other syntax.
- Pictures with good descriptions that reflect what you are displaying.
- The mobile experience
- Image compression
- Informational page content
- Site speed and technical structure
In addition to your own website, your sites credibility with other websites will influence how well you rank in search engines.